Jul 2, 2008

Hidden Menu Bar of Windows Live Mail

When I first installed Windows Live Mail, I was struck by a surprise that the Menu Bar containing familiar choices of File, Edit, View etc. was missing in the application. As I used it more and more, I have found out that many features are missing in the application. Later on I have found out that for some unknown reasons, which are not clear to me till now, WLM team chose to hide Menu Bar by default.


To view the hidden Menu Bar do one of the following:



  • Locate the little icon (Show Menu) near the right end of your Toolbar - the one between Pen (Colour) and the "?" (Help) button. Click that and be sure there is a check in front of Show all menus.

  • There is a key board short cut to that, also. Just press "Alt+M" two times repeatedly.

Now you will be able to see the familiar Menu Bar options. If you want to hide back Menu Bar just repeat procedure you have adopted for viewing the Menu Bar.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tip - thanks! I've been looking for this, but now that you've pointed it out it seems so obvious I don't know how I could have missed it.

Tim said...

Thanks. You saved me some time importing messages. Not easily done without the menu.

Anonymous said...

What happen if you don't even have this menu bar hidden icon to click. For example, the icon itself is missing. Alt-M alos did not work.

Anonymous said...

thank you so much

greyfox said...

DOES NOT WORK ON MY PC. All I get is a ding sound.